Living on a prayer
It was a boring tuesday morning and the second day of my long holiday. I stayed in the living room watching tv til noon before returning to the comfort of my bed and lay there ever since with my Kite Runner. Received a call from zhengjie of all people at late afternoon, asking me if I knew kenneth's home number. I said no, he then told me he heard kenneth got into an accident and it was quite serious. It left me dumbfounded and after all I told him to call me when he knew more. Zhengjie got back to me at around 730pm and said he's in the icu at tts but which ward, he does not know yet. Anyhow, I hope kenneth'll be alright, oh and his girlfriend too.
It's stupid how life can get. How one will regret after each decision made and how life can take a turn and then his back on you. This has nothing to do with any of the above mentioned, just some after thoughts from reading the book. So I was reflecting upon myself at some point of the book. Like when hassan was raped and amir decides to run away. If he hadn't, what could have happen? How amir fights for the love, affection and attention of his father. Did I not, too? Of course, I don't do that now. I used to hate my sister for getting her way all the time when we were younger. She would cry and I would be at fault. To say I'm not affected by such small and trivial acts was bull. I would love to have it all my way, I'll love to get whatever I wanted, but alas, I'm the big sister here, so too bad. Maybe if I hadn't decide to take this one step, things wouldn't turn out like the way it is now.
I think I'll make a trip to the book store again tomorrow.
I wasn't feeling like myself the past 3 days but I realised I shouldn't take things so hard on myself some times.
It's stupid how life can get. How one will regret after each decision made and how life can take a turn and then his back on you. This has nothing to do with any of the above mentioned, just some after thoughts from reading the book. So I was reflecting upon myself at some point of the book. Like when hassan was raped and amir decides to run away. If he hadn't, what could have happen? How amir fights for the love, affection and attention of his father. Did I not, too? Of course, I don't do that now. I used to hate my sister for getting her way all the time when we were younger. She would cry and I would be at fault. To say I'm not affected by such small and trivial acts was bull. I would love to have it all my way, I'll love to get whatever I wanted, but alas, I'm the big sister here, so too bad. Maybe if I hadn't decide to take this one step, things wouldn't turn out like the way it is now.
I think I'll make a trip to the book store again tomorrow.
I wasn't feeling like myself the past 3 days but I realised I shouldn't take things so hard on myself some times.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home