Sunday, February 19, 2006

reflecting on cip, doh?

It's the end of a school term, well, almost. Basically we're done with all our modules, except for our final paper. Tsk!
CIP, Computing something processing, right? Okay, actually it teaches us all the definition and function of each different software and hardware parts. Also, how to use all the macromedias and microsoft word, powerpoint. All these skills are further enhanced through doing our PBL. I love doing the flash a lot. At first, it was really frustrating, because I don't know what all the buttons are for. Like the different layers and such. Even after looking through the notes, I still can't quite figure out how to go about doing it. The notes weren't of much help actually. In the end, I explored around myself and trial and error a bit before getting my final piece. The whole process was really tedious and time consuming, but after looking at my work later, I think it was all worth while. A sense of achievement loh!
We stumbled a bit on our PBL though. There was some miscommunication and we almost lost our presentation :/ Almost lah. haha. Overall, i'd say that the PBL taught us a lot. We had to research on materials and we learn about all the computer parts and applying all that we've learn on powerpoint to do the presentation.
PBL2 was even more enriching, yes? We were given problems like why the computer reboot itself etc, and we're supposed to find out the cause and a solution to it. Through all these problem solving, I know a bit more about computers now!
Aiya! All in all I'll say, take up CIP! because at first I thought this module was a bit useless. I mean, I know how to use Word, PowerPoint, I know what's a computer what. Why do we need to learn about all these? But, after attending CIP, I realised, I was wrong. My god, there's a whole lot more to the Word and PowerPoint I know.
Yup, WE LOVE CIP, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home