Friday, June 02, 2006

Where boys become men;

Tekong.

Alright, so I'm back from Tekong. It's a beautiful island- clean shores, nice coastlines, fine buildings and such. Or maybe that's what they want us to think la, hor..

Anyway, Uncle dropped Justin quek and I at the ferry terminal this morning. Waited, registered and boarded the ferry. As soon as we stepped foot on Tekong, we got seperated. Damn nb lor, I had to tour Tekong alone, along with so many others' family members. Then finally at around 1010, they told us to go to the auditorium for the Oath taking ceremony. I was damn happy la! Finally get to see Justin quek again. Went in and I was looking around for Justin quek. Then I saw him :D Was waving frantically at him. Then they showed us this video entitled, ' The army boy experience ' or something like that. Then some big shot came on to give a speech which I thought was more like a presentation of powerpoint slides. With which, I thought it was a tad too long. Because, I fell asleep half way through. When I woke up, he was still going on and on. So, I went back to sleep again. Yes, I was alone and sitting amidst strangers, I fell asleep. It was that boring. Then it was the Oath taking ceremony. Hahaha, so funny to hear them. The oath a bit too long also la. Lol. Then we had our national anthem. I can't even remember when was the last time I heard the anthem. I was so uneasy throughout; I didn't know where to put my hands- by the side or behind. By the time I decided to put my hands by the side, the anthem ended. Whatever. The enlistees left the auditorium first. All of them was standing attention outside and I felt like laughing when I went out and see them all lined up on either sides of the pathway. Then I spotted Justin quek, and I just couldn't resist laughing. Heh heh. Went to the Mess hall for lunch. It wasn't even like 30mins can. And they made announcement to ask enlistees and us to leave for the pier. Wah lau!
Bade Justin quek goodbye and left. Yes, I didn't cry okay! I told myself not to cry lor. Hahaha, but when I was on the ferry, felt damn sad la. I miss Justin quek.

He was still texting me earlier telling me it's damn slack. But apparently there was some problem somewhere so they're like slacking away now.

Wanted to take some photos, but I very paiseh to take my camera out. I was like alone most of the time. Kinda weird la. I am shy. There's like troops and troops and troops and troops of men there la. I think Priscilla will be very happy to stay in Tekong. These bunch of idiots were like waving to us from their bunks when our little tour bus by past them. I saw one topless, and waving some underwear-alike stuff. Heard they're passing out next wednesday, so they're slacking away. Justin quek's passing out like in sept la.

One more thing, all of them have to tuck in their shirts. HAHAHA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home